This time taken from in front of my apartment in Munich while I was Berlin for the weekend. This puts me at over 50% of my bikes have been stolen.
Made me think.
Munich: 1 bicycle
- VSF Fahrradmanufactur, pimped out touring bike outside small U-Lock for rear wheel and frame.
- basic commuter bike, unlocked inside a locked basement cage. The log was scraped but it was the cage that was broken.
- Kona Jake the Snake Cyclo-cross bike. Locked in the hallway U-Lock and cable.
- Some Trek low end Mountain bike locked in the Garage
- Jamis Frame, old racing components. Unlocked inside apartment (door was kicked down)
- Trek 810, basic street bike. U-Locked to a bicycle rack left over night. They cut through the bicycle rack
- Shogun Trailblazer Mountain bike. Locked to a chain-link fence post. All the chain links were cut and presumably the bike was lifted over the top.
- rear SCOTT SE brakes stolen (parked at the back of school) front wheel and seat removed, U-Lock through front wheel, real wheel, and frame.
- Handbars stolen. Profile Moutainbike aero bars, XT shifters, dia-comp brake levers. All the cables were cut. Bike locked with cable through rear wheel and ulock through front wheel, frame and bicycle rack.
- red Italian dirt bike 5th birthday present, given away when I got a new bike when I was 8
- silver city bike for 8th birthday, no idea what happened to this one
- Trek 7000 (ZID), broke the frame at the chain-stay had warped metal on the seat stays and seat tube.
- Grendal (Old broken Bruce Gordan converted to cyclocross bike after being warped), left it in Russ's house when I left
- Bontrager Privateer Comp Mountain bike purchased in Chicago, still at Russ's house
- Lemond Propad Cyclocross bike purchased in San Francisco, still at Russ's house
- 2rad Mountain Bike Purchased in Munich, and still here.
Blogged with Flock